Thanksgiving is a time that brings family, friends, and loved ones together to share what you all are grateful for, but also to enjoy some delicious food. This year, instead of rolling out of bed, over eating, and then sitting on the couch all afternoon, get your body moving with some turkey day-themed physical activities. Here are eight ideas to get you and your loved ones feeling hungry for seconds on Thanksgiving.
- Break out your running shoes and participate in a local Turkey Trot or organize one yourself.
- Volunteer for the day at a food kitchen and help others enjoy a home cooked meal.
- Spend time in nature and take a hike up a mountain or walk through a park.
- Turn the fun game of duck, duck, goose into turkey, turkey, stuffing with your kids.
- Nothing gets the heart racing quiet like a competition, so divide into teams and see who can win at classic sports day games like egg on a spoon, relay, and a sack race.
- Get the party started with a virtual or in-person dance class.
- Bench press your frozen turkey—which can weigh well over 20 pounds.
- After stretching your stomach muscles with food, do a relaxing Hatha yoga class.